Why Coconut Oil?
Coffee Blocks is a great way to get both your coffee and your healthy fats into your body first thing in the morning. One of the healthy fats we use in Coffee Blocks is Organic Coconut Oil. Let's take a look at the known health benefits of coconut oil.
- Coconut Oil is a healthy fat made up of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT’s). MCT’s can provide quick energy and have been shown in studies to have therapeutic impact on the brain. Almost like brain fuel, which is amazing.
- Some of the lowest rates of heart disease are found in countries that eat a large amount of coconuts.
- Coconut oil can increase your metabolism helping your to burn more energy and ultimately assist in potential weight loss because of a sustained higher metabolism.
- Coconut oil kills unwanted bacteria and viruses.
- Coconut Oil suppresses your appetite helping you not give in to those afternoon or late night cravings for sugary or unhealthy foods.
- The saturated fat in coconut oil can assist in raising your HDL (good) cholesterol levels.
- Coconut oil has many uses beyond just eating or putting in your coffee. Although you wouldn’t use your coffee block for these purposes, coconut oil can be used in your hair, on your skin, and even as a light sunscreen during sun exposure.
It reduces risk to heart disease, increases brain function, suppresses appetite, and increases metabolism helping long term weight loss. This is why we include Coconut oil in our Coffee Blocks.
So to recap, coconut oil is a healthy fat and considered by many to be awesome.
While no one of the Coffee Blocks team is a Dr. the following information is largely available online. And we all know if you find something online it is true, wink wink.